Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Day of Thanks...

Today is a day to reflect on all that I am grateful for and I would like to share it.

I am grateful for my daughter. I just didn't know that I had such a capacity for love and that anyone would ever so deeply and unconditionally love me back. She is light, love, laughter and joy all wrapped up in a whirling, spinning, giggling, singing bundle of girlie-ness. I am so incredibly blessed - I thank GOD every day...every single day.

I am grateful that I can work from my home.

I am grateful for my family - My parents whom I adore. My brother and sister and their spouses. My precious nieces and nephews who are all my children as well. My in-laws. My cousins. I am truly blessed. They love me no matter what, they have an unending generosity of spirit.

I am grateful for my beautiful home in my beautiful city. I live in San Francisco! - not many people get to say that. My home is my sanctuary, my place of balance, of renewal and of safety.

My tribe - my incredible tribe that has been with me for many many years - you know who you are. You are the family I chose.

My friends, what on earth would I do without you.

For dancing - it makes me feel alive.

For the creative work that I do - it stops time and space.

For my spirituality - it gives me hope when I have none. It reminds me of the impermanence of things. It reminds me that all situations are an illusion. It reminds me that shit happens to everyone - but it is what I DO WITH IT, that matters most. It reminds me that the journey is the adventure not the destination. It reminds me that the wisdom and answer to all of my questions lie within. It reminds me that a compassionate heart gives light to the world.

I am grateful that I can have a bit of a break from working and my husband will help me. I tell him often - I hope he know and can hear it.

Funny enough, I am grateful for my stuggles - because they are helping me be a stronger and hopefully wiser woman.

Happy Thanksgiving and many many blessings to you all.

Di

No comments: