Sunday, April 5, 2009

I am balanced...


Okay so if you do not want to hear about breast references then you can skip this post.  

So today is a good day - in spite of really painful feet and ankles (I walked with wrong shoes earlier in the week), a two day head-neck-back ache (due to walking off balance), and feeling really really tired I had a great day.  

Today I purchased and am wearing a balancer.  Yup I bought a professional quality bra-cutlet and who would have thought that a small piece of silicone the size of a chicken cutlet would and could make such a difference.  But it did and it does.  Today I feel balanced.  No, I didn't get back my perfect breasts - and yes they were perfect (I have always said so); I didn't find a way to hide that big scar but I am finally even.  I now look balanced in a T-shirt, a tight top, or a tank top.  I don't have to hide behind layers...thank you Nordstroms, thank you insurance company, thank you God... 

Other good news - my oncologist has given me the all clear.  After throwing a wrench in my progress and putting my life on hold the entire month of March - I am free to move forward on projects, work, life.  I am so happy.  I am happy because I know, not because I don't have to go through treatment - but because I can begin.  Exercise, nutrition, spirit, movement, my head space, finances, everything - I am looking forward to what happens from this point on...


No comments: